Financial CounselingSCHC provides services regardless of a person's insurance, status, or ability to pay. If you are uninsured or if your insurance is not listed on our accepted insurances, we offer a sliding fee discount based on your household income.
Locations that offer Financial Counseling:
Brandon Community Health Center
Palm River Community Health Center
Suncoast collaborates with other community partners to offer classes in Smoking Cessation, Weight Loss, High Blood Pressure, High Cholesterol, Prenatal Health Education, Family Planning Counseling, and Diabetes Management. Our partners and staff are here to answer your questions and improve your overall health.
Locations that offer Health Education:
Suncoast provides immunizations that are a vital part of your health care, offering prevention of many illnesses and diseases.
Locations that offer Immunizations Services:
Suncoast offers on-site labs at many of our locations, always keeping your convenience in mind.
Locations that offer Lab Services:
Our Social Services Specialist will assist you with the completion and filing of the following applications on Access Florida:
- Food Stamps
- Cash Assistance
Please bring the following items to your appointment:
- Case # (if available)
- Check Stubs (last 4 weeks)
- SSNs for the entire family
- Utility bills
- Rent/Mortgage statements
- Daycare expenses (need address, phone and amount paid)
We stay with you all the way!
- Pending Medicaid approval, we help you choose your healthcare plan and/or assist with provider changes
- We help you manage your MyAccess Account
- We follow up on EBT (food stamps) accounts/lost cards or not received
- Help enroll your newborn baby into Medicaid
- Schedule appointments for the WIC Program (Be sure to bring: Proof of Income; Picture Id; SSN; Immunization Record to your appointment)
Locations that offer Social Services:
X-ray/EKGProviding comprehensive care is our goal. When Suncoast providers need to know more about your medical condition, they have the ability to take basic diagnostic images at our on-site X-ray departments. Immediate answers mean immediate treatment.
Locations that offer Routine X-ray Services:
Palm River Community Health Center
EKG Services are offered at all medical locations:
Affordable Care Act
Enrollment Started November 15, 2014.
Call 813-653-6100 to schedule an appointment with one of our Certified Enrollment Specialists or stop by one of our locations.
If you want to know more, the best place for the latest, most accurate information on the Marketplace is the updated website. You can learn about your available healthcare options, who can apply for insurance, how to enroll, how to lower your costs and more. If you own a small business, there’s information for you, too.
Starting this fall, the Marketplace will help you find health insurance that fits your budget and meets your needs, with less hassle.
No matter where you live, you may buy insurance from private health plans that cover a comprehensive set of benefits, including doctor visits, hospital stays, preventive care, and prescriptions. And plans in the Marketplace must treat you fairly; they can’t deny you coverage because of a pre-existing condition.
With a single application, you can also see if you qualify for Medicaid or the Children’s Health Insurance Program, or savings you can use right away to lower your health insurance premiums.
Florida KidCare is affordable health insurance available to Florida’s children, from newborns through age 18. Monthly premiums depend on your family size and household income.
Once your application is received, Florida KidCare will determine eligibility for the following programs:
- MediKids (ages 1-4)
- Healthy Kids (ages 5-18)
- Children’s Medical Services Network (ages birth-18)
- Medicaid (ages birth-18)
- Any household income including child support
- Each child’s Social Security number or the date you applied for it, if you have not received it yet
- Amount paid for daycare/afterschool care for each child or a disabled adult, so someone in your household can work
- Paystubs from the last four weeks
- Most recent federal income tax return
- Most recent W-2 forms
For more information: